Monday, December 6, 2010

How to color manga panels!

Okay, so...I know this is weird, but yeah, this is my first time to actually do a mini-tutorial on how to color manga panels. Me myself, I just Google-d it XD

So here's how I do it. ^^
Of course, all of you out there pretty much have a Photoshop program installed, right? You can also use GIMP, but I'm setting GIMP aside since I don't have it. XD
Open PS, and once you opened it, open the manga scan that you wish to color.

Now that you're ready...

1. If the manga scan is in PNG or in Grayscale mode, set it to RGB so you will be able to fill in with different colors. Set it to Image - Mode - RGB Color. But if it's already in RGB, no need for further changes.

2. Here are my options for good coloring: Linear Burn, 64% opacity.
- First off, create a new layer. You need a new layer above the manga scan so the color will not fill the lines.
- Above the Layer panel on the right side, set the type to Linear Burn and the opacity, drag it all the way back to 64. That way, the colors will have a vibrant feel even though it's dark. :)

3. Pick the exact color and click the Brush tool. Pick the best brush or else you'll regret it in the end. XD

and last but not the least, color in! But be careful...too much coloring can give you handcramps for sure. Me, meh, I've got one the first time I tried (coloring Ronald Knox gave me that, aw man XD) but I got used to it until now.

Enjoy the coloring! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment