Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson's Death


It's a total shock. Even for me. For everyone.

Michael Jackson, age 50, died last June 25 at 2:56 PM. It was a worldwide tragedy.

The King of Pop was a very popular singer-songwriter, dancer and businessman, dedicating all his songs to his fans, working hard for his moonwalk dances, and sings for everyone's entertainment. Back in the 1980's, he was the top of all music charts that rivals Elvis Presley and the Beatles.

His death obviously resembles that of Elvis's, who died at age 42 in 1977, which made a great impact on all his fans as well.

But why did Michael have to die, anyway?

He collapsed at his rented house at Los Angeles, California. His personal doctors tried to use CPR on him but he still wasn't breathing. He was then sent to UCLA Medical Center, but was reported dead a few hours of resuscitation later. His death cause was unknown but he was already reported to have cardiac arrest, a rare condition wherein the heart suddenly stops beating, maybe due to stress, or some kind of medicine.

His songs were very popular, even in the MTV charts, even from his youth. His "Thriller" album was the most popular, hearing it on different radio stations worldwide. His death also caused the online networks in a craze, including Twitter, Facebook and Google.

Philippines was also one of the countries who heavily mourned for his death, most likely celebrities and government officials who were his avid fans. Even me, the author of this very blog, after hearing the news from my classmate, I cried silently for 30 minutes, because the song Thriller, was the very first MJ song that I watched on Studio 23 when I was still a grade school kid, and I really loved it.

His song "Billie Jean" was also among the ones I heard on the radio. I watched some videos around the internet, including YouTube, and I honestly can't stop myself from crying again because I didn't expect this would happen.

The greatest death in history.

The King of Pop...no one can ever replace him. No one can ever grab his moves from him. It will always be Michael Jackson as the King of Pop for everyone.

But all we can do is accept the truth...that we cannot bring him back anymore.


As part of my short article-tribute to my pop idol, I present him with the song Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, and Awake by Secondhand Serenade.

Michael Jackson, born August 29, 1958, died June 25, 2009...We will not forget you. You will always be in our hearts, our memories...And your songs will continue to play in our life. I hope you rest in peace.


Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

Is this the real life
Is this just fantasy
Caught in a landslide

No escape from reality

Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go,
A little high, little low,

Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me,
To me

Mama, just killed a man,
Put a gun against his head,
Pulled my trigger, now hes dead,
Mama, life had just begun,
But now Ive gone and thrown it all away

Mama oooh,
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters

Too late, my time has come,

Sends shivers down my spine

Body's aching all the time,

Goodbye everybody, Ive got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama oooh... (any way the wind blows)
I dont want to die,

I sometimes wish Id never been born at all

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche, scaramouche will you do the fandango

Thunderbolt and lightning, very very frightening me

Galileo, galileo,
Galileo galileo
Galileo figaro magnifico

But Im just a poor boy and nobody loves me

He's just a poor boy from a poor family

Spare him his life from this monstrosity

Easy come easy go, will you let me go
Bismillah! no, we will not let you go, let him go

Bismillah! we will not let you go, let him go
Bismillah! we will not let you go, let me go
Will not let you go, let me go

Will not let you go let me go

No, no, no, no, no, no, no
Mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye

So you think you can love me and leave me to die

Oh baby, can't do this to me baby
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here
Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,

Nothing really matters, nothing really matters to me,

Any way the wind blows....





Awake - Secondhand Serenade

With every appearance by you, blinding my eyes,
I can hardly remember the last time I felt like I do.
You're an angel disguised.

And you're lying real still, but your heart beat is fast just like mine.
And the movie's long over,
that's three that have passed, one more's fine.

Will you stay awake for me?
I don't wanna miss anything
I don't wanna miss anything
I will share the air I breathe,
I'll give you my heart on a string,
I just don't wanna miss anything.

I'm trying real hard not to shake.
I'm biting my tongue,
but I'm feeling alive and with every breathe that I take,
I feel like I've won.
You're my key to survival.
And if it's a hero you want, I can save you.
Just stay here.
Your whispers are priceless.
Your breathe, it is dear. So please stay near.


Will you stay awake for me?

I don't wanna miss anything
I don't wanna miss anything
I will share the air I breathe, I'll give you my heart on a string,
I just don't wanna miss anything.

Say my name. I just want to hear you.

Say my name. So I know it's true.
You're changing me. You're changing me.
You showed me how to live.
So just say. So just say,

That you'll stay awake for me.
I don't wanna miss anything.
I don't wanna miss anything.
I will share the air I breathe,

I'll give you my heart on a string, I just don't wanna miss anything




++++

Let us all offer our prayers to the King of Pop while we still remember him.


A moment of peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment